Information Security and Privacy Assurance
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable administrative, electronic and physical procedures to safeguard and secure the information you provide and we collect online.
We take every measure possible to protect Finite Lab and our users from unauthorised access or alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold.
We try to encrypt our services where necessary and if possible.
We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems.
We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
We collect information to provide better products, services and website to all of our users. We usually collect the information in two ways. The information you give us and the information we get from your use of our products, services and this website. The information we collect about you, your device or your usage may involve the following.
- Academic information.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers information.
- Contact information.
- Demographic information.
- Device information.
- Employment information.
- Financial information.
- Local browser storage information.
- Location information.
- Log information.
- Medical information.
- Personal information.
- Unique application information.
We may require the collected and provided information to understand your needs and provide you with better products, services and website and may be for the following reasons.
- We may use the information for internal record keeping for communication.
- We may combine and/or use the information to improve our products, services and this website.
- We may use the information to customise and/or improve your user experience and the overall quality of our products, services and this website.
- We may periodically send promotional e-mail and/or sms about new products, new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the e-mail address and/or phone number which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by e-mail, fax, mail or phone.
- Finite Lab processes your information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process information about you on a server located outside the country where you live.
- We may share your information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of Finite Lab when we have your consent to do so.
- If your User Account is managed for you, then your Service Administrator, Service Resellers and User Support Provider to your organisation may have access to your User Account information. They may be able to do the following.
- View statistics regarding your account.
- Change your account password.
- Suspend or terminate your account access.
- Access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- Receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
- We may share your information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of Finite Lab if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to do the following.
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Finite Lab, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease information about you to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use information about you to send you promotional information about us and third parties which we think you may find interesting.
Information Usage Restriction, Transparency and Choice
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of information about you in the following ways.
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on this website or our products and services, look for the opt-out option, if available, to indicate that you do not want the information to be public and/or to be used by anybody for any commercial and/or marketing purposes. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for any commercial and/or marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us by e-mail at email@example.com. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
- You may request details of information which we hold about you under the Privacy Act 1988. A small administrative fee of AU $ 100 will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please e-mail us as soon as possible, at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect or give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Cookie Usage Policy
A cookie is a small file which may ask permission to be placed in your computer´s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added. Cookies may allow this website and our products and/or services to respond to you as an individual. This website and our products and/or services may tailor their operations to your likes and needs by gathering and remembering information about you.
Cookies help us provide you with better products, services and website. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us by using our products, services and this website.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies, including cookies associated with our products, services and this website, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your web browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our products, services and this website.